Microsoft MakeCode

Arcade Advanced Stream #197 - Horticulture Game Part 1

Hey folks!

Join @livcheerful, @shakao, and I as we start working on yet another gardening game. The idea for the game is to have interesting plants that you cross-breed to make new plants with inherited traits. Today, we coded up an inventory screen and added some plants/tools. This one is bound to get a little weird so make sure you tune in next week!

Got any ideas for weird plants? Wanna draw some green stuff? Paste them in the comments! As always, make sure that any assets you submit are ones that you drew yourself.

Also, we’ll be finishing up animal drag racing tomorrow!

Watch the full stream here: https://youtu.be/47QRQUXIcRE

And grab the code below:

The MakeCode Arcade Advanced stream takes place weekdays at 1:00 PM PST. Now on YouTube, Twitter (@msmakecode), and Twitch (twitch.tv/msmakecode)

1 Like

I made a water balloon prototype! you can use it if you want!

2 Likes

@DahbixLP that is great! I love the animation

1 Like

@richard I have an idea for something you could do with the game. Maybe add something like Gillyweed from “Harry Potter.” If the player farms this, they can use it to go into the ocean or any other body of water, where they can find even more new and weird plants, before the effect of the “gillyweed” runs out. Hope you like and implement it in the game.

1 Like