Microsoft MakeCode

Arcade Bug?

Hi -

When using arcade I have had a few students have this issue where they grab a block and it will not release it. Does anyone know why this is happening and any potential fixes? 

Thank you!

hi @rymc88! Do you happen to remember what they were doing at the time or what blocks it grabbed on to? This sounds like a crash and definitely a bug on our side, so anything you remember could help us find the issue!

And to make the blocks release, when this happens, refreshing the page should unlock it

2 Likes

it happened to me, too. it usually happens when you opens the window too long

1 Like

Hmm, this sometimes happens to me when I drag a block off-screen, but reloading the page should work @rymc88

1 Like

We were using the Tilemap extension and it seemed to happen when the student was moving the 8 x 8 tilemap block. We tried refreshing it would fix it, but it kept happening and it seemed to be only this student :frowning: Thank you for the advice and we will keep refreshing!

OH INTERESTING hmmmm okay we will keep an eye out for it! And if possible, could you share a link to that student’s code? Hopefully we can fix it!

1 Like