Microsoft MakeCode

❓ Ask the MakeCode team anything! [CLOSED]

that little light thing you used in the mouse hamilton, can you put it on tiles?

There was a hamilton game? or do you mean Hamlet? If you mean hamlet, then I don’t think you can put it on tiles, unless you make a sprite for each tile and add that effect to the sprite.

1 Like
  1. Do you have to approve your own forum posts?

2. What’s your favorite game-making platform other than makecode?

3 Likes

You can use the small tilemaps extension (used for 8x8 tilemaps) ( riknoll/small-tilemaps)

or you can use the smaller time maps extension. It works for 4x4, 2x2, and 1x1. I do not recommend using it for 1x1. It gets laggy. (also, I don’t really understand how to use it. I personally think the next option is better) ( 4x4 tilemap extension )

or you can use my 1x1 tilemap. Beware: I made this for a 1x1 tilemap landscape and it has what is called “auto-jump”, where you automatically climb hills with a 1x1 pixel slope. This project is made in blocks so it isn’t complicated. Here is the project:

(If you want to use my 1x1 tilemap, then you will probably want to know how it works and how to use it. Just ask if you have any questions. Otherwise, I hope this post helps!)

2 Likes

Create a sprite on that tile, and add the light to that sprite

1. What’s a game / game idea you wish to create on stream but would be too time consuming of hard?

2. What’s your favorite game genre to play, and what’s your favorite game genre to code and create?

2 Likes

5D Game.

2 Likes

I said hard not impossible lol. Arcade barely supports “3d” games.

1 Like

4D should already be impossible :confused:

2 Likes

this is where it came from.

1 Like

4d adds live world interaction that involves a cam, and it has 3d

2 Likes

Who made all of the awesome art in the default Arcade gallery?

2 Likes

They got renamed to Game Maker’s Toolkit (GMTK) (i think)

This is an alternative… but not as good as @richard’s is (if you miss, then it gives a “:(” otherwise a “:)”

1 Like

Thanks everybody for your questions! The livestream is now up here: Arcade Advanced Stream #314 - Ask the MakeCode Team Anything!

3 Likes

Already exists :laughing:

Can you stream a “How to make a 3D game tutorial”?
I’ve been wanting to make some after seeing one in the community games category.

1 Like

how th-

1 Like

trust me I have no idea lol

I love how this madman has made a 2d representation of a 3d representation, of a 4d object…