Chatting Area! Have fun! (Part 2)

This is the internet in general. It’s even one of those original rules: “Rule 30: Girls do not exist on the internet.” Any time anyone does not share their gender, it is assumed they are male until said otherwise. I bet there are a ton of girls here, but since there is not a place for pronouns in profiles, and no need to share gender information, there’s no real reason to tell people such information.

Honestly, I prefer it this way. There are many biases held against women, especially in typically “male” activities like computer programming. Having no pronouns makes for a more equal space that everyone can enjoy without feeling marginalized. It is the same for race, religion, age, sexuality, etc etc. None of these things should have impact on how we interact here on the forums, consciously or unconsciously. We have no need for them, and I love that!

16 Likes

I think theres @Peau12

(But im just assuming and they quit the forums anyways)

5 Likes

isn’t that @kirbob

5 Likes

also you should put croissant option

6 Likes

nah I’m a male/walmart bag/goober/monkey

6 Likes

I wish :smiling_face_with_tear: I don’t know what about the forums does this, people’s genders are mainly anonymous when you’re joining too so it’s not that

4 Likes

THERE’S A PART 2

thats crazy


So is this crazy? phase in makecode was never needed.

This is megalovania as a 286 kilobyte file, running on makecode. it shims a function, and that function can play almost any sound file:

The original MP3 file was 5 megabytes, but I wanted to go easy on Microsoft’s servers, and so I decompressed it into a 286 kilobyte OPUS file. I decompressed it to base64 afterwards with a simple js script. The resulting base64 was 390 KB. It sounds almost exactly the same! Also, turns out, doing this signed out on makecode is actually way less laggier.


FILE TO BASE64 (paste into js console): (async()=>{let [h]=await showOpenFilePicker(),f=await h.getFile(),r=new FileReader;r.onload=()=>console.log(r.result.split(',')[1]),r.readAsDataURL(f)})()

(NOTE: when you run the code, move your mouse or you won’t see the file picker)


caught ye

caught you @RizeUpDev @Cybercube


Screenshot 2026-09-30 185122

14 Likes

this unironically looks peak!

4 Likes

you should get cateye black

3 Likes
3 Likes

Just so you know, what you call symbol emojis are commonly referred to as emoticons! They also come a lot more complex, like Lenny here: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

They are quite common in Japan, and if you get one of the Japanese keyboards (they have multiple writing systems) on your phone you can access a big list of them.

Some of my favorites:

(¬‿¬)

\(˚▽˚)/

(っ◕‿◕)っ

/╯﹏╰\

(ಠ益ಠ)

6 Likes

weakling.

I consume plasmas, and watch paint dry.

/j

6 Likes

Warning DO NOT SWITCH TO JAVASCRIPT! Something like this happened to me a few months ago and it turned into a 5km tall colum of blocks.

Or you can just click “format code” and it will reorganise everyrhing

3 Likes

wheres that shrugging one

2 Likes

Hey, you’re back!

1 Like

image

Okay, at least there’s 2 now…

3 Likes

What are your favorite extensions?

  • Settings
  • Timer
  • Extra effects
  • Sprite data
  • Character anims
  • Mini menu
  • Browser events
  • Status bars
  • Color
  • feather
  • Other (reply)
0 voters

Let me know if I missed anything

4 Likes

how dare people not know what goose game is.

3 Likes

Sneak peek 3, the one that devolved in quality

5 Likes

… HOW IS THIS REAL!?
The audio is really high quality too for running on makecode, I just can’t believe after multiple people and moderators telling you it wasn’t possible you just did it anyway somehow
Wow! Congratulations! This is super impressive! :exploding_head:

2 Likes