Microsoft MakeCode

Crossy Roads 3

When you run out of ideas to code, you have to resort to extreme measures. So I present to you, Crossy Roads 3! (v2 and v1 here)

I’ve used @jacob_c’s font renderer quite a bit, especially for the start screen and death screen. I’ve used 11 extensions as well, which is probably a new record :joy: (sprite utils, color, timer, block object, story, text sprite, block menu, character, scaling, settings, and tilemaps)
I’ve made a bunch of animations, redid the trains and logs (oh boy the logs were terrible) and the start and end screens were completely redone. There are also settings that allow you to reset your high score and change the language. (only have English and Chinese as those are the two languages I’m semi-familiar with lol)

Instructions

Use the left/right keys to select either the Play or Settings button. Press A to select your choice.
If you selected Play, use the arrow keys to move your chicken around.
If you selected Settings, use the arrow keys and A to move the cursor and select settings to change.

GitHub:

14 Likes

i was also working on a crossy road game but i saw that a lot of people have made one so i didn’t do it but the one that ima do is a cat cross the road type :sweat_smile: :cat:

2 Likes

ill maybe copy yours but nah i gotta learn by myself well maybe some parts but not all of it okay

2 Likes

Wow! Really polished experience, this one. Love all the transitions and animations and stuff!

2 Likes

I never realised how bad i am at the game…

1 Like

You just need practice :slight_smile:
My high score:

Also whoever is taking the photo is really bad at aiming the camera :joy:

3 Likes

Great game! The death cam feature is a brilliant touch and the custom fonts are amazing. The smooth fade to black transitions really polish it too!

1 Like

my high score is 98

1 Like

i love the death cam

3 Likes

A BIRD ATE ME :neutral_face: but I’M a bird!

literally screamed out loud i was so surprised :sob:

4 Likes

HAHA yes I was surprised too when I first played Crossy Roads :joy:

Have you played the real one?

1 Like

a little bit, a long time ago >> I definitely cared way more about getting a high score in yours though. if only I knew my past carelessness would come back to bite me!

2 Likes

Pure irony right there (I’m still learning about the contexts of irony, so this might sound weird to others)

3 Likes

Same, I screamed so loud when I played the actual one for the first time and my whole family were so scared lmao.

2 Likes

lol i screamed when the train crashed me while the eagle picked me up very hard i played it with some friends and it was also hard for them but very very good game and it look that you worked a lot on the game i just like everything!

3 Likes

So Close…

2 Likes

Oof, and impossible scenario:

2 Likes

Hey, @UnsignedArduino, can You Add Spanish?
Here are the words/phrases (I tried using the shortest phrasings possible):

Translations

High → Record
Score → Puntuación
New high score! → ¡Nuevo Record!
Play → Jugar
Settings → Ajustes
All Settings → Ajustes completos
Close → Cerrar
Reset High Score → Resetear Puntuación
Select Language → Selecionar lenguage
Confirm → Confirmar
Yes, Reset my high score! → ¡Si, resetea mi puntuación!
No, keep it please! → ¡No, mantenla porfa!
Reset all Setings → Restablecer todos los ajustes
Yes, Reset everything! → ¡Si, Restablece todo!
No, keep my settings! → ¡No, Manten mis ajustes!
English → Ingles
Chinese → Chino

Tell me if I missed anything! I think the main languages on this forum are english, spanish, and chinese, but of course, I’ve seen others here and there!

1 Like

i know spanish and english and a lil bit of chinese but i only know chinese by using google translate :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Yea, it’s a hit and miss with that kind of stuff :confused: I really should fix this but my TODO list is growing faster than I can finish them :disappointed_relieved:

Filed: