Microsoft MakeCode

Game Idea_Potato Farmer

I actually don’t know if i’m going to persue this because of how complicated it could get and i’m not THAT good at coding in makecode. But i figured i might as well post it anyway, in case someone wanted to try and work on this kind of thing with me. This is a big project. I haven’t even started yet but here’s my idea.

Potato farmer game:

You are a simple potato farmer with a dream, a dream to become the best potato farmer in the whole goddamn world. But you have rivals, and your rivals have a 3 million potato lead ahead of you. Your job is to catch up to them and overthrow them as the best potato farmer by utilizing upgrades and getting minions. (Heavily Inspired by Technoblade Potato War Videos and Hypixel Skyblock Servers…Subscribe to Technoblade)

Here is how i want the game to work:

The player can fly and place down grass blocks, this is so that your farm can be fully customizable in size and/or shape. You can then plant potato crops on that piece of soil.

If the player presses Z(or A) while aiming at a potato crop tile, then they will collect that potato crop. Note that you’ll have to manually replant the crop if you want to collect more, and that when you collect a potato crop you will get a potato and a seed.

If player presses X(or B) while standing on top of farming tile will bring up a menu, there you can select “add minion” to add minion. Can only upgrade minion if minion is placed. You can have a max of 25 minions that can be upgraded to level 14. Minions can have items attached to them to increase speed and/or range of their farming. A minions range is 3 blocks on either side of them, if a minions range overlaps another minions range, efficiency will decrease by 10%. The amount of potatoes a minion can farm within a minute is entirely dependent on it’s specs and held items.

Adding A Minion:

Minions cost potatoes to get, you will have to farm a number of potatoes on your own before you can get your first minion. Your first minion will cost 80 potatoes, so you better get farming. The next minion the requirement will double. The next will double plus 50% more. And so on and so forth till it’ll cost over a million potatoes just to get another minion. But don’t worry, the only thing that counts is how many potatoes you have farmed, not how many potatoes you have. Note: Minions automatically replant crops by themselves.

Upgrading A Minion:

Same as buying a minion, will cost potatoes, requirement will double plus 20% more.

Items:

There will be many different things that you can buy from the shop selection in the menu that can help your minions go faster, collect more, ect. Have not thought of anything yet.

This is all i have for right now.

6 Likes

Note to self: Make it different enough so that i don’t get sued. lol

3 Likes

Maybe you could do carrots instead of potatoes.

But potatoes are the best. :potato:

Maybe you could have to manage water too so it could be part of the Ocean Jam!

2 Likes

It has to be potatoes, no other food is equal. I shall become the potato king, and all my little potato minions shall bow before me, MUHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAA!!

Also the water thing is a good idea but i’m thinking of just setting it so that the potatoes grow on their own and when the timer end and they’re fully grown the sprite changes. No water needed, cause with all the other things i wanna add i think i should keep the actual potato growth simple.

3 Likes

Okay…

Yeah It’s a cool Idea, I might do something like it.

3 Likes

I will plant potatoes and give them to you since you are the potatoe king. Do you want fries as well?

2 Likes

I’ll take some fries :smiley:

1 Like

Can I have some fries too? :smiley::fries:

1 Like

Sure @Kat and @UnsignedArduino

2 Likes

No, they are mine, HAHAHAHA

3 Likes

Nooooooo give them back to me!

1 Like

You guys are going to get arrested for fighting by the potato king

2 Likes

@GameGod is a selfish Potato Stealer :frowning:

2 Likes

Hey @FlintAsher! Maybe you can grow french fries! Or anything else than natural potatoes!

2 Likes

Baked Potatoes!

2 Likes

Water them with Gravy

2 Likes

Wait- Do you put gravy on your baked potatoes?

2 Likes

Of course! Who doesn’t?

2 Likes

I don’t-

1 Like

Oh wait, you meant baked potatoes? Then no. Only on mashed potatoes.

2 Likes