Help and Questions

Thank you Alex, one more thing though. I also want it to switch which corner it is attached to so it’s always visible. I meant to add that in the original post but just forgot to.

I found one method that works, simply swapping the left, right, top, and bottom, however it sorta cause a strobe effect unless you leave the cursor still so I was wondering if there was another way or a fix to this.

Can you send your current code? I want to see what you have! Sounds like it could be used to make tooltips when you hover over an object which is cool.

2 Likes

Hi! This is happening because tilemap "location"s are objects holding the column and row information. You can unpack this data with the location column/row block:

2 Likes

Made a separate thing just showcasing the code.

It doesn’t work all the time and, like I said, constantly switches if you move while near a wall. If you can find a way to refine/fix it that would be coolio, especially cause it would be a sorta preset for anyone else who wants to make a tooltip thing

1 Like

Ok I have it set up so that it should only switch from right to left when the left side has enough space to display it fully and it’s touching the right side, so the code will work for smaller boxes/bigger screen resolutions.

This solution does ignore the width/height of the cursor sprite, so it does clip a bit into the side. I just couldn’t be bothered to fix that.

1 Like

Okay, I made another that uses the cursor’s position instead.

It’s alright imo, you’d have to set the text to always stay on screen for it to not clip however if you come up with a better version woof^2 please share. I also don’t know how to make it dissappear when not Hovering over a menu item

1 Like

You can just check if the cursor is not right of the menu left, left of the menu right, lower than the menu top and higher than the menu bottom. This will include any title text but who cares.

1 Like

DONE!

Basically mixed our two versions together and it works pretty good
Teamworks makes the… uh something something, I fogot

2 Likes