I’ve got a project in stem and he instructed us to make a game with the following aspects:
- All visual elements - sprites, environments, etc are scratch-made (no gallery items) by you.
- Should be a completely original game (title, characters, elements) and not a copy or recreation of an existing game.
- Should have measurable objectives (keep score, level up, etc. )
- Should have at least 4 distinct (i.e. unique from each other) levels.
- Should have sound effects and an opening music sequence.
I am doing a top-down space invader (galga) type genre for this project and I have the basics down. I did a starting sequence animation, tracked the velocity and position of my enemyList and playerShip, even animated the tail of the playerShip and more. My question is how do I add unique levels to this game. It would seem simple to add levels in a platformer as you can set the player to teleport after reaching an endpoint of that certain level, though you can’t do that with galga. If you know the answer please tell me and I would appreciate your help if you tried, thank you all.