I am going to launch a new game called Vega!

Vega will be a controller and PC-based game, published on Microsoft Makecode Arcade. Once you get there, you will find it on the kiosk, where, you can either play it directly on your PC, or you can download it to your console, and play it from there. Vega will be a sandbox. There will be no end. Players can come up with their own goals, like exploring all the planets or collecting all the items, but there will be no set end. Players will explore a lot, and fight enemies with a laser gun. They can scan their environment and collect tons of items. They will also be able to work together with other humans and aliens to do new things.Vega is the name of a star. The inspirations include Terraria, Everywhere, and Galaga.

2 Likes

It sounds a lot like No Mans Sky

2 Likes

Btw Vega also has a multiplayer option.

2 Likes

how will saves work?

1 Like

Dunno

1 Like

controls and severs work?

I do not know what you mean by that. Please specify.

like online multiplayer and the controls of the game

You will be able to play with up to 4 friends. D-Pad to move, A to shoot laser gun, B to scan the environment for items.

1 Like

will there be trading, building, saving, or survival?

In standard multiplayer, you will hang out with your friends. In battle royal, you will battle with your friends. In singleplayer you will explore the double star system, and buy and sell things to other humans and aliens. It will be a sandbox. I don not know if there will be saving or how I will do it.

1 Like

Ill try to make a single player mockup off what it sounds like.

Okay?

never mind

No, you can do that.

Have you made this. Or are you just planning. Because this sounds like a enormous Game. And may thoughts of giant games is that you plan something big and never actually get thereactually get there. (Not trying to be pessimistic about this. But it just sound a little too big for makecode)

3 Likes

It is not as big as I’m sure it seems. I think that there will be no saving, and multiplayer and battle royal will be very simple with no chat function. Singleplayer will have very few crafting recipes and very few types of enemies. There are only 4 different planets you can explore. Also, I’m super familiar with being overconfident and stopping halfway through. Thank you for being concerned though. I also trust my coding skills and will simplify if it gets too big. Thank you.

2 Likes

I want to know if you are going to make it so it’s like a password save seed, so it is easy to go back to your save and play.

2 Likes

I don’t think I’m going to make it save.

But who knows? I might make it save, depending on how easy it is.

1 Like