I need help coming up with a game idea, around a certain theme

Ello’. I have just joined a game jam with the theme of “Stronger Together.” I am drawing a complete blank. Does anyone have any ideas for a game that could fit this theme? It needs to be very small and I need to be able to make it in 6 days. Thanks in advance for all help.

1 Like

maybe a bridge building game where you coordinate a team of monkeys to lock hands and build it?

4 Likes

@omnisImperium a building game would be good, but if you want it to be quick, maybe a Tug of War remake?

2 Likes

Wait what? Why was I not aware of that jam!

1 Like

Can you elaborate?

Ah that’s awesome!! Hmm some ideas:

• Platformer where you are a small creature with one ability (“jump”) and you pick up other creatures that have other abilities (“shoot”, “double jump”). Basically a platformer with powerups, but you could draw/style it so that the “player” is a group of creatures that are “stronger together”
  • I like the bridge building idea too! A quick variant on this could be something like @livcheerful’s award-winning mount 'em goooaaats where you are building a stack to get to the top (or horizontally, across a river)
  • A version of Mastermind where you’re an alchemist trying to find the right elements to synthesize the strongest element of all!

Super cool to see Arcade being used in non-MakeCode game jams, I hope it’s a fun experience!

4 Likes

These are all great ideas! Thank you.

1 Like

:clap: :clap: :clap: Nice ideas.

1 Like