Hi! I’ve made a utility that converts images files to MakeCode Arcade sprites.
It can scale images, and you can even import wallpaper images and have them converted. It’s so much fun!
I need some fresh eyes to look at it. I would be happy to receive pull requests and code critique. I’m eager to learn more proper ways of doing things.
- Drag and drop
- Checkbox for making white or black transparent
- Bordered rectangle around preview image, showing how big it is relative to MakeCode Arcade
- Testing in other browsers than Chrome
- Black and white mode, and other cool color effects
- The copy button used to change text when textarea contents were copied, but now it doesn’t
- … ?
I found two similar tools when making this post, both of which have features I’m lacking, but they don’t have my sizing options.
I’m a new user, and new users are only allowed to post two links, so you’ll have to google these:
- makecode-pixelart-maker (Drag and drop)
- pxt-arcade-asset-tool/ (Has option for transparency, but only for white)