Microsoft MakeCode

Jumping Mateo Platformer

I coded this game for my son Mateo who is 5 years old, to help with his hand-eye coordination. The goal of the game is to get to the flag at the end of each level.

** updated to adapt to recent changes and adds the combo :arrow_down::b: to skip levels **

6 Likes

Wow, this is great! The character/tiles are awesome (and I love that you have more than one “environment”)

1 Like

Thank you! I have to stream line the code to make adding levels a more straightforward process. And then add a different environment. Maybe a castle? Or desert? Thanks again!

We love your game! Would you mind if we added it the community carousel on the homescreen?

Of course! That would be awesome. I’m the Code Club coordinator at a rural school in Maine and I’m sure my students will love to see it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awesome! Just merged it, so it should show up soon. It is already in beta, if you get the latest version (you might have to use a private browser window to see it for around a day due to the old contents being cached).

2 Likes

Cool, thank so much!

This works on Pygamer hardware by Adafruit. I’ll do a video of it tomorrow. I IMPORTED the game code URL (shared by Adri above) into Arcade Beta editor. I am told it is necessary to use beta for Arcade in order to make the joystick in Pygamer work, which it does work for me. I did not try to copy the javascript code and paste that into the game; importing URL did work. I have not tried this game with other consoles. This is the first Arcade game which shows block coding which I was able to download to Pygamer. The other one, Minos, is not in blocks and all others that I have tried have had errors that prevented downloading to hardware…by maybe that is just my fault. Thanks for this Adri 314 !

1 Like

That’s great! I can’t wait to watch the video. I’d love to get a Pygamer when it’s back in stock. I have it running on a Meow But and it works fine on it.

Got it done early, Adri314…and with both Pygamer and BrainPad Arcade. We will try to change out sprites as a first step with Arcade coding at our library meet-up on Monday: https://youtu.be/y6gsIFmSgRI

1 Like

Thanks for sharing! I went ahead and subscribed to your channel. Can’t wait to see what you do with the game.

Here is the game again with a final level. Enjoy!

arcade-Jumping-Mateo

3 Likes

I also agree!

1 Like