Keyboard impress

Does arcade makecode have a block for when a key on the keyboard is pressed? Say the p key. I’m trying to make a game to teach how to type. Thoughts?

Sadly, this isn’t possible without some high-level stuff. You can’t do it in blocks, and I don’t think you can do it in Python. There is a thread here -

You can ask @eanders or @jwunderl, they might be able to help you with that. (sorry for the pings)

this might be a beginning to understand it ; keyboard Arcade assignments: https://arcade.makecode.com/reference/controller

You can’t directly get keys like that as Arcade is also designed to be compatible with hardware. If you want something like that you would have to go to Scratch :confused:

No @eanders tried but it is impossible. You can use the player two controls. ijkl uo on the keyboard.

Thanks for sharing such an amazing Blog.

I thought there was an extension, but you have to have a add-on keyboard for that. But it is there

Thanks for sharing useful information with us.. It really helpful to me…I always prefer to read the quality content and this thing I found in you post. thanks for sharing with us…