Greetings, fellow forum user!
Now, you’re probably wondering, “Hey, it’s that guy who never finishes any of his ambitious game projects and just goes around the forum talking random stuff.” NOT ANYMORE!
It’s been a long time since I’ve done anything significant on the forums so I’m thinking of developing a Metroidvania game with the users of the Makecode Forums as its characters!
So the idea is that we have the protagonists (main character/s, a little thingy that follows the main character, minor characters that help the main character (mentor, ally, etc)) and antagonists (bosses, mini-bosses). That’s kind of the cast. There will be some base-level enemies that you guys can help suggest and create art for. But for those who don’t know, Metroidvania is a game genre where you need to backtrack in order to find a power-up that allows you to proceed through your journey.
Here’s the game link: https://arcade.makecode.com/S21337-88766-38783-38803
Please answer the poll so I can see who will join the cast of characters. After the poll closes on April 30, I will finalise the character roster so people can send in a picture of their character and give some basic lore for them and their role in the game (boss, the main character, etc).
I don’t want to base this on a first-come-first-serve basis so I decided that if there are multiple contenders for a single role, the submission with the most likes would be accepted. So this all depends on you guys (and me. I get a say in this too)!
- YES I’LL JOIN
- Nah I’m good
I want to note a few things:
- Yes, I will be making the final art in the game, but not the concept art (except for my own character). This is so all the art in the game is consistent.
- I won’t make the story. I’ll give a template story that follows the structure of a Metroidvania, but I won’t create the actual story. That’s for you guys!
- Everything decided by you guys is most likely going to be like-based. That means the post with the most likes will be accepted if there are multiple submissions. I don’t want this to be something I made, but something we made. Everyone will be able to get themselves into the game in any way they want to.
How would you guys like to help?
- IDEAS (THIS INCLUDES ART AND STORY IDEAS)!
- EMOTIONAL SUPPORT! (I’LL NEED A LOT)
- FIX BROKEN CODE!
If there is a lot of people joining (idk 7-10 people?), then after the poll ends, no new submissions can be made, sorry. But if very few people answer the poll (1-4), I can definitely make some exceptions.
Everything seems very vague right now because my brain isn’t functioning that well, but if you need to clarify anything, feel free to ask! (I probably missed a ton of stuff I wanted to say or I messed up what I did say).
I’m also slightly busy with my own Godot project/s but I’ll try to put some bigger focus on this project!
Oh, by the way, once you guys finish the story, you guys get to give name suggestions for the game (or just keep it Makecode Metroidvania) and everyone will vote for what they think is the best one!