Paper Minecraft v3.1 (First public release)

๐๐š๐ฉ๐ž๐ซ ๐Œ๐ข๐ง๐ž๐œ๐ซ๐š๐Ÿ๐ญ [v3.1]

NOTE:
-Just so everybody knows, I attempted to make this post earlier, but it isnโ€™t showing up in the forums for me. I checked my drafts and itโ€™s not there. If it somehow shows up for YOU, please know that I didnโ€™t mean to post the same game twice. :slight_smile:

INFO
-This game was originally made at a summer camp. Iโ€™ve decided to share it publicly AFTER a weekโ€™s worth of work, so thatโ€™s why itโ€™s already v3.1 on the first public release.

CONTROLS:
Move your cursor with the arrows. Whatever block you highlight will transform into the next block in the โ€œcycleโ€ when you press B. (If you donโ€™t understand what I mean by โ€œcycle,โ€ press B a few times over the same block and you will.) To break a block, press A.
Press & hold A to save your world, and press & hold B to delete the save file.
Press left/right to cycle through save files
Select a save file with A/B.

SAVING & LOADING:
This game also supports SAVING & LOADING using the SETTINGS EXTENSION!

CREDITS:
Mojang owns Minecraft. This is just a fan game, and is not being monetized in any way.

This game was inspired by a game made on Scratch, which is another visual coding website very similar to Makecode Arcade. It is the #1 game on the platform, and is ALSO titled โ€œPaper Minecraft.โ€ My game is NOWHERE CLOSE to the complexity of that game, and, due to the limiting controls of the consoles that run Makecode games, it probably never will be.

Makecode extensions used:
-Settings
-Scrolling Background
-Text sprites

Awesome game! have you seen Minecraft Arcade?

Actually, yes. I checked it out briefly. However, I didnโ€™t know that it existed when I first started working on my project.

I definitely think there are some differences between the two games.
The other game has a player CHARACTER, which is really neat, but because thereโ€™s only one joystick/dpad on Makecode consoles, itโ€™s hard to get a system in place that allows you to actually place blocks in the position you want. My game is more of a pixel-art sort of thing. Thereโ€™s no player character. The only thing you control is the cursor. This makes it a lot less of a hassle to place and break blocks. So if you want a player character, you should play MC Arcade. If you want a much simpler format, go with my game. It really depends on what the PLAYER thinks is best.

(MC Arcade is really cool and well-put-together. I actually think itโ€™s really neat, and Iโ€™m NOT saying in any way that I think EITHER game is superior. I think they both have strengths and weaknesses in different areas, which is what makes them unique.)

Have a nice day! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I agree! Both are great in their own way, and they are actually pretty different concepts.

1 Like