As I mentioned in the post where I present Salvo!, hardware hates this game. Actually, it doesn’t hate the whole game at all. I had been testing it on my BrainPad Arcade as I was building the initial structure of the game, and it was working fine … until I created the
Player class, found in
My BrainPad Arcade hates the
You can take a look here. It’s an earlier version of the game with my old, placeholder graphics and such, but I’ve left my diagnostic
game.splashes in the code.
There are some
game.splash entries in
main.ts and some additional ones in
Player's constructor in
custom.ts. Here is what I am experiencing:
If I remove the
game.splash pauses in the
Player constructor, I typically get an 984 error. This is a weird one, and I really don’t see why I would be getting that one. Every once in a while, I get an even worse error in the 800 range. That one’s definitely not good. I also have sometimes generated a 021 error … but I haven’t seen that one in a few days.
If you leave those pauses in the constructor, though, the game is almost always able to move forward and allows the player to place the fleet. Then, once the game enters
main.ts, the game hard-stops. No error … it just freezes when it tries to access the
I’m at a loss. Particularly since I’m getting the 984 and the occasional 800 errors, I’m feeling this one is a compiler bug, but I don’t know how I can help confirm and/or diagnose that.
I’ve tried having the beta version compile the game, as well, in case this is something that has been fixed but not yet released to production. I’m experiencing the same symptoms, though.
The game works fine in the browser … but I think it’d be neat to get this game running on hardware. It’s a great multiplayer “pass-and-play” game.
I’m happy to help diagnose this one. I just need some direction as to where to go next.