Welcome everyone, to the unofficial MakeCode arcade speedrun leaderboard!
This is an idea I’ve had for a while now and I want to realize it! (btw, moderators - can we get a #speedruns category, or at least a tag, please? )
The MakeCode community is full of skilled individuals and teams creating art, games, extentions and other insane projects! However, I feel like light needs to be cast on the ones competent at playing these games, as well!
I will devise multiple categories for skill based games (such as platformers) and their subcategories such as random/set seed (for randomly generated levels!), glitched/glitchless for exploitable games and such! The leaderboard will be accounted for on a google sheet which anyone can access, but I’ll post updates about new runs often.
You can submit your game runs right here - with all the necessary information, such as:
- The video link of the playthrough (This is really important!!)
- The IGT (in game time - usually counts from the first input)
- The real time (since starting the game)
- Which version of the game you were playing (link it’s affiliated game link / forum post)
- What device were you running the game on (simulator, editor, or perhaps hardware… )
You can use a timer in-game (if one is provided) or a separate timer. Your time will be double checked anyway.
The rule list is as follows (this is open to changes):
- Cheating is forbidden. The game you’re speedrunning must match the game link you provide. You aren’t allowed to modify the game in order to give yourself an advantage. All cheaters will be banned from the leaderboard permanently and all of their previous runs will be pulled.
- Make sure to label your runs properly and provide all necessary information. Runs with unverified bits of data will be denied.
- Your playthrough type must match the claimed category. (ex. glitched runs cannot be submitted to the glitchless board)
- Make sure to notify the moderators (me) in case of a forum name change, in order to update your entries in the table.
- Be nice to others! Nobody likes toxic speedrunners.
- 100% - Glitched (y-velocity glitch, first release)
- 100% - Glitchless (second release, bugfix)
- Level% Random seed
- Level% Set seed
Original release (1.0.0):
The leaderboard, on Google sheets
So, thanks for paying attention once again. Feel free to submit runs, I’m already waiting to get them!
P.S. - I might implement a Google form for run submission, but all in it’s time
- Three brave cats 2: Return to the sea
- Sophie’s castle
- Blocky boss battle
- Crossy roads 3
(fear not, I’ll add them all, I just want to see which one you guys want next!)