YamJam's help station

wait you can do that? That could actually be really helpful for other users if you can revive corrupted projects from that.

Thanks! That’ll probably work, and I would definitely do it if I hadn’t gotten signed out after by computer restarted… Since I’m in china right now, I can’t use google to sign in…

1 Like

IT WON’T DOWNLOAD :sob: :sob: :sob:

It just does nothing than eventually my window crashes and says this:

(I used my family’s hotspot to access google to sign in)

1 Like

@YamJam are you able to get to the home screen at all? or can you not even open that? are you able to see your list of projects?

1 Like

@YamJam try going to this link: https://arcade.makecode.com/app/8b54f65b58eb8b8c5ac80c5415ebe89a094f73ff-a856a08479

(note, if you are not yamjam, don’t go to that link)

it should automatically download all projects that have the word “bird” in the name. the file will have a .mkcd file extension. your browser might pop up a permissions window saying the site is asking to download multiple files, just click allow!

once you have the file, post it here. i’ll take a look and send you a fixed version

2 Likes

I can see my list of projects and do everything normally, I just can’t download the zip.

1 Like

@YamJam you need to give me access to that file! or share it so that anyone with the link can download

1 Like

Huh, I swear I did! I guess I’ll try again… thought I guess I might not make it in time for the game jam…

1 Like

@richard okay I gave you access, now you should be able to fix the game…

(after like an entire month :sob:)

1 Like

@YamJam thanks! here you go:

3 Likes

OH MY GOD THANK YOU @richard YOU’RE THE BEST!!!

Also what was the problem? I want to know so I don’t accidentally do it again.

2 Likes

it was a bug in makecode, nothing you did wrong!

3 Likes

3 other people went to that link :rofl:

1 Like

I tried to say that, but my post just like expired or rotted in the deep list of posts to approve :laughing:

I have another bug (as usual :face_with_bags_under_eyes:), and this time, it’s the problem that settings isn’t doing its job or something, and that these stupid CHEST SPRITES DON’T SHOW UP AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I’ve been banging my head on a metal wall for TWO WEEKS ALREADY, and I STILL CAN’T FIGURE OUT WHY A SPRITE WON’T SHOW UP, AND WHY SETTINGS ISN’T SAVING OR I DON’T KNOW JUST HELP PLEASE

So if you look in the code, you’ll find that in the “options” function, I added a function to convert your inventory into an array. And when I generate a world using the “generateMap” function, the arrays aren’t checked and added into the inventory array. And when I use the “spawnLoot” function, the chests don’t spawn. (at least I don’t think they do)

Also yes, I know that my way of adding each item from the arrays like that won’t work how I want it to, (just realized that right now) but the game still doesn’t even START TO CHECK IF THEY EVEN EXIST IN THE FIRST PLACE AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

1 Like

Hello guys! Right now, I am making attempts at creating some sort of “3d engine”. In my first attempt, I decided to use rotating to simulate a sprite turning in a 3rd person world, but something just doesn’t match up. I decided to use the orbit function from the sprite-fx function I’m using, but it still doesn’t solve the problem. As you can see, if you rotate the camera at the edge of the “island”, your character floats off for some parts, instead of staying in the same spot. I really don’t know how to explain it that well, or how to get what I really want, but any help would be appreciated!

1 Like

Like how the character is kind of feeling “disconnected” from the diamond that spins?
You are already beyond me here, I’m not even sure how you got my keyboard arrow keys to NOT be the simulator up/down/left/right :smile:

But maybe this gif will help spur faster responses?

out-2026-09-05_09-34-43

3 Likes

issues:

  1. player’s rotation speed (obviously)
  2. player (x, y) should be (x, y + 7) for the shadow

I also made the code simplified

2 Likes

Woah! Thanks! But what is hypot? And can you explain how you made this work? I want to put these into mind for when I make attempt 2 (hopefully)

i used trigonometry. I don’t know how to explain it thow. hypot is basically pythagoriem therum:

namespace Math {
    function hypot(y: number, x: number) {
        return sqrt(y*y + x*x)
    }
}
1 Like