YamJam's help station

This is too advanced for me :sob:

Anyways, I decided to scale the size of the map to give it more of a “3D” feel, but now the adjusting is off… I don’t want to make you fix more things for me, but how would I change the code so that it can adjust the characters position perfectly no matter what shape the map is? (If that is possible which doesn’t seem so likely…) Here’s the link:

is that easier to understand?

1 Like

that actually helped because I was on mobile when I tried it and nothing seemed wrong…

yeah the hypotenuse

3 Likes

This is really nice. The isometric thing was something I’ve been thinking about, and how to get the sprite collision worked out. Now I need to dig into this

2 Likes

Hi guys I’m back here again :smiley:
This time I need to know how I can rotate the background, as I REALLY need it for a game I’m making for @rizeupdev’s code stars game jam (go check it out!). I know I can use a sprite, but I also need it to be able to scroll up and down. The only way I now to do the scrolling is to just change the y value, but it leaves black space. So if anybody knows how to rotate the background, or scroll a sprite image (without it just cutting off pixels like the image below), please tell me!

pinging

@richard @WoofWoof @VoxelMaster64 because you’re also smart
https://arcade.makecode.com/S77321-07496-54297-25725
link because I don’t know where else to put it

have an idea but I’m not intirely sure, and it would take a while to do.

1 Like

Try to use the minus camer left and top

2 Likes

What???

Helping others in the same competition I’m doing NEVER

What??? If you’re not going to say something useful then maybe don’t get my hopes up by replying on this comment.

1 Like

Richard how do you make these I’m trying to use this as an alternate form of project saving

that’s not what this is for, i don’t want these links floating around. just save your projects the usual way.

3 Likes

Or I could use a ton of share links and use pub:

1 Like