Microsoft MakeCode

Add new board makecode

Hi! I would like to add an Arduino Mega board to the makecode platform. I am working on a AI project and a bigger board is needed (Arduino Mega is our chosen one). Ive seen the webpage: https://maker.makecode.com/boards/add-a-new-board but even with this information im not sure how to do it. Is there any way you could add it for me? Or could you explain me how to do it in an easier way?. thank you

Unfortunately we don’t support AVR microcontrollers like the Arduino Mega

Thank you for the fast response! Do you think that an Arduino Due would be possible to add then? I am trying to look for a board with as many pins as possible and that it can be added to makecode.

You will probably want an a board that has an ATSAMD51/21, as stated in the porting instructions.

Adafruit carries a board called the Adafruit Grand Central M4 Express. It has a lot of IO pins and should meet the specs required.

@mmoskal?

Yes, this should be fairly straightforward. Just clone an existing metro-m4 and add the new pins in configuration. You can read the pin numbers from schematics (which Adafruit always makes available).

Please note that Maker editor is only supported on a best-effort basis, so don’t expect the quality of other MakeCode products like micro:bit or Arcade.