[Announcement] Fall 2026 Game Jam Now Open! Critter Jam!

critter-jam-post

Hey folks!

I’m pleased to announce that the Fall 2026 Game Jam is now open! The theme this time is Critters!

That’s right! We’re talking small, possibly adorable, animals and creepy-crawlies both real and imagined! This theme is pretty wide-open in how you can interpret it, so I’m hoping we’ll get some really creative submissions!

As always, at the end of the jam we’ll be judging all of the submissions and choosing some winners and honorable mentions. Those hallowed games will get the coveted position of being linked on the MakeCode Arcade homepage as well as an exclusive badge you can use on this very forum! Truly the highest honor one can achieve.

You have until November 30th to submit your game!

Check out the full details below at the official game jam site!

P.S. yes that’s bug president crawling around in the background

30 Likes

also, kudos to @LazerTag2 who inspired the theme for this jam!

17 Likes

ooh interesting

7 Likes

great now I need to continue blackheart (The blackheart npcs are bugs by the way! like hollow knight!)

6 Likes

@TheEarth I know something that is going to be in your game.

4 Likes

I am gonna actually join a game jam for once

4 Likes

AAAAAH DROP EVERYTHING!!! New jam okay okay okay I gotta think of the game. This theme is so open-ended, I can’t wait to see what people make.

8 Likes

Hmmm what will I make for this one…

5 Likes

THIS IS THE BEST THEME TO HAVE EVER EXISTED!!!
(I might be a little excited for this one!!!)
We’ll see if I’m making a game or playing them all but either way I get to see so many SILLY LITTLE CRITTERS :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

I am definitely making a game for this

7 Likes

I just started focusing on my unfinished project and this dropped… so I’m not participating.

3 Likes

iiinteresting…
hope I have time to make something for this one!
Looks fun :D

3 Likes

The day this got announced, (Oct 1st 2026) I got stung by a hornet. I know what game to make

4 Likes

this is going to be hard…

2 Likes


can I make a game with… bugs? /j


seems cool! I already have an idea, though theres a 0.0000001% chance i will get it done. /j
I have been making a small engine that allows sprite walls, but that’s all I’m saying for now!

8 Likes

As usual, I’ll do something with procedural animation and this is a great theme for it!
I’m so excited!! :bug: :honeybee: :tada:

7 Likes

my first game jam…
cool

4 Likes

My first official game jam. I will probably give up tho

4 Likes

I be creepin’ and I be crawlin’ but most of all I be cutein’ and patootin’!

8 Likes