Microsoft MakeCode

[Announcement] MakeCode Arcade May Game Jam Theme

jam-time-theme

MakeCode Arcade Time Jam

You’ve been waiting, and now our theme announcement is finally here! We are super excited to announce that the theme for our next game jam is Time!

In other words, we’re looking for games with day-night cycles, countdown clocks, or other time-based mechanics. Here are some examples of how you could use this theme:

1. A cooking game where you need to press a button to remove a cake from an oven at just the right moment
  2. A farming game where you plant/harvest crops based on the season
  3. A game where you need to arrange all the articles on a cover page before the deadline for tomorrow’s newspaper

demo-2

This game jam will run from May 3, 2021 to May 17, 2021
You will have roughly two weeks to build and submit your games for the competition! For you procrastinators out there, we will accept games up until 11:59pm on May 17th.

Visit the official jam page for full rules and information on how to submit your game. Get coding!

12 Likes

yassssssssssssssssssssssssssss queeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen!!! let’s gooooooooooooooooooooooo! i’m soooooooooooooooooooooo ready! yasssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!

4 Likes

and i have a question can games like if you go back in time can those also be accepted? like going back in time to 1894 or 2000 or 2018 and more stuff like that

Yep! Time travel is a perfect example of a good use of the theme

3 Likes

yay! ima do that

WOO HOO I WAS RIGHT! :smiley:

Now to brainstorm…:thinking:

5 Likes

yep brainstorming too

Wow! Such a cool idea!

Sounds a lot of fun :smile:

and i got one more question so what will we get if we win what does the 1st 2nd 3rd get or the other people get like do they just get to be on the leaderboard or what else and when was microsoft makecode built what year?

1. I don’t believe there is a prize, but it will be featured in the game jam section in the arcade.makecode.com website.

2. I have no idea when it was made

1 Like

FINALLY the theme

2 Likes

@MakeCode are we allowed to use art and music assets that we didn’t create?

2 Likes

can you make a time travel game

yes i already asked that question and yes

My game is done! I just need to submit it!

2 Likes

ugh! i still don’t finish my game can you give us an extra week?

I went to follow the whole stream just so that I have a format of rewinding. I am making am rpg game by the way similar to another game (mentioned in the forum before)

I don’t believe that they would do that, as it might be unfair to some participants in a certain aspect.

@girlwhocode omnisImperium is right! There aren’t physical prizes, but your game will be featured on the home screen of Arcade. And there was a version of MakeCode before “MakeCode” called TouchDevelop, but the current site was built around 2016! And the game jam is two weeks long, so you still have thirteen days! :slight_smile:

3 Likes