This time, the theme we’ve chosen is ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?!
That’s right! We’re keeping this one a secret. We’ll be announcing the theme and full rules a week before the jam starts on this forum. Make sure you check back in!
This is a fun competition where you can pit your game development skills against others to build a game using MakeCode Arcade, a game engine for retro pixel-art games that run in the browser or on handheld game devices.
The game jam will run from May 3, 2021 to May 17, 2021
You will have roughly two weeks to build and submit your games for the competition! For you procrastinators out there, we will accept games up until 11:59pm on May 17th.
Never programmed in Microsoft MakeCode Arcade before? No problem! Check out our game maker guide to learn the basics of making a game!
- Games should be built in MakeCode Arcade
- Your game must relate to the jam theme. Someone playing your game should be able to see how it relates to the theme without extra explanation.
- Keep the games PG: no NSFW, offensive, or excessively violent content.
- You must be at least 9 years old to participate.
- All games must be submitted by someone who is at least 13 years old. Younger students are welcome to participate, but it must be in partnership with an adult and with parent permission.
Use this forum to chat with other coders as well as the MakeCode team! What do you think the theme will be? We might even drop some hints along the way…