The theme for the second-ever MakeCode Arcade Mini Game Jam is Simulation Games!
That’s right! We’re looking for games that simulate some sort of job, task, or life cycle. You can interpret that theme any way you like, but it should be obvious how your game relates to the theme without any extra explanation.
Some examples of classic interpretations of this theme are:
- A virtual pet game like Tamagotchi, Neko Atsume, or Nintendogs
- A gardening or farming game like Viva Piñata, Harvest Moon, or Stardew Valley
- A job simulating game like PowerWash Simulator, Cooking Mama, or Wilmot’s Warehouse
The thing you’re simulating doesn’t need to be real, but that isn’t an excuse for ignoring the theme.
For example, simulating a job in an alien world at a starship mechanic shop is totally okay!
- Games should be built in MakeCode Arcade
- Games should clearly adhere to the theme without the need for any extra explanation
- Keep the games PG: no NSFW, offensive, or excessively violent content.
- You must be at least 9 years old to participate.
- All games must be submitted by someone who is at least 13 years old. Younger students are welcome to participate, but it must be in partnership with an adult and with parent permission.
To submit your games, head on over to this thread: [Announcement] MakeCode Arcade Mini Game Jam #2 - Submission thread!
You have one week to enter! The jam will close at 11:59 PM PDT on Monday, July 25th 2022