[Announcement] MakeCode Arcade Mini Game Jam #6 - Story Jam

Hey folks!

Over the years, we’ve seen so many amazing stories on this forum.

Who can forget the epic tale of Arcransis in the DEFEND THE CASTLE saga? Or that time we all fell in love in a shopping mall in True Love Time Machine? Or the touching tale of reunion that was Slug N’ Slug 2? And of course, we need not mention the epic adventures of CoCo, Sam, and Captain Cat.

For this month’s mini game jam, we want to hear more of your stories.

In other words, we’re looking for any game in which story plays a major role. You can include any other game mechanics that you like, but make sure your game weaves a tale with them.

Rules

1. Games should be built in MakeCode Arcade
  2. Games should clearly adhere to the theme without the need for any extra explanation
  3. Keep the games PG: no NSFW, offensive, or excessively violent content.
  4. You must be at least 9 years old to participate.
  5. All games must be submitted by someone who is at least 13 years old. Younger students are welcome to participate, but it must be in partnership with an adult and with parent permission.

You have two weeks to enter! The jam will close at 11:59 PM PDT on Monday, December 19th 2022

Submit your games by posting them in this thread!

Extra points to any game that breaks through my iron shell of a heart and makes me cry.

10 Likes

Flying through time had story though as well

2 Likes

I couldn’t list everything :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

@richard, would my Oregon Trail game count as a story game, or would it have to be more of a strong story. (I’m asking this, so I know how to make my game for this Mini Game Jam.)

1 Like

I LOVE TO MAKE STORIES(Short Stories) but dont have time to code games but have time to create stories I would love to see the story games

2 Likes

@Blobbey yup! that’s a great example of a story game

3 Likes

Okay, cool! Would I be able to turn in my Oregon Trail game as well as a brand-new story game?

1 Like

@richard what about the badge for the 5th mini game jam?

4 Likes

My game’s going to be called snake eyes, and as part of it one of the charachters gets bitten by a snake. Would this be ok to include as long as there is no blood? or is that too violent? If I can’t show the snake bite happening, could I just make the character have a scar?

3 Likes

working on it!

3 Likes

You Only Live Twice: A Game about starting off with only 1HP. so the game is like a sword fighting game but every kill you get exp. every LVL up you get HP.

3 Likes

my entry is a secret! :rofl: :sweat_smile: :joy:

2 Likes

This is going to be my first game jam I hope my game will be decent at the very least

4 Likes

My game will be called “Satellite”! You will be remotely operating a satellite through different asteroid belts in order to collect data from a distant planet!

1 Like

Mine will be called Prison Escapist! Where it’s sorta like Henry Stickmin where you choose what your gonna do.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forums @Deszomage

1 Like

Here is my entry! In “Satellite”, your mission is to successfully pilot the satellite through asteroid fields in order to reach a far-off planet and collect data from it!

This is a 6-level asteroid dodging game. It saves your progress, but the game’s relatively short. The 6th level is kind of hard, however. :artificial_satellite:
Enjoy! :slight_smile:

Extra controls:

Press the menu button to reset the game. (Including game settings.)

4 Likes

Never mind about the Oregon Trail game. I’ll just stick with my new game!

1 Like

Boosting this to the front because I think it got missed

3 Likes