It’s the first Monday of the month, which means it’s time to start another Mini Game Jam! If you hadn’t heard, we recently updated Arcade with a whole bunch of new features. For this mini game jam, we’re going to be focusing on the brand new music editor!
That’s right! We’re having a Music Jam!
You can interpret the theme however you want, but your entry should have something to do with music. It can even just be a song, no coding required!
As a side note, we’re also looking for music that we can feature in the gallery for the music editor. Have a song you want to submit? Well, just post it in this thread! Please no copyrighted music, all submissions must be completely original! And don’t worry, we’ll ask permission before adding anything to the gallery.
- Games should be built in MakeCode Arcade
- Games should clearly adhere to the theme without the need for any extra explanation
- Keep the games PG: no NSFW, offensive, or excessively violent content.
- You must be at least 9 years old to participate.
- All games must be submitted by someone who is at least 13 years old. Younger students are welcome to participate, but it must be in partnership with an adult and with parent permission.
Music editor tips
- The explosion instrument is a drum track! Each “note” makes a different drum sound
- You can make a note sharp/flat by holding the CTRL key and clicking it
- Dragging on the workspace will select notes so that you can copy/paste or move them around
- Use the grid dropdown in the top-right to control where you can place notes!
You have two weeks to enter! The jam will close at 11:59 PM PDT on Monday, February 20th 2022
Submit your games by posting them in this thread!