[Announcement] MakeCode Arcade Ocean Jam

@shakao
Is it possible to see if you have already received my game? I submitted the game via ‘Forms’ on the day that I posted this (Shark Frenzy), but I didn’t receive notification.

We have it! Sorry about the delay in updating the gallery, that should hopefully be going through today :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This game is a MASTERPIECE. I really like it. The art is astounding. This easily makes the list of my top 5 favorite games

2 Likes

I didnt recive a notification either

Damn I might end up not finishing a demo for the Jam:/ It’s alright though cause I can’t wait to see your games and I’ll be working on mine still even when the Jam is over!

Thank you. I am really pleased with the result and also think that this is my best game to date.
Hopefully you like this game as well (:face_with_hand_over_mouth: promoting oneself): Frogging Fun 1.0.0

1 Like

Thank you for getting back to me on this. I look forward to going through the gallery and playing the different games. :grin:

2 Likes

I finished my game. I didn’t think I would finish it in time.

5 Likes

I tried downloading this game to my PyGamer, and unfortunately the game is too big. Pity, I was really looking forward to trying this on hardware. Anyway, it works really well on a computer. Again, well done for making such a great game.

webusb: get devices
pxtapp.js:1 error: pxt_modules/Timers/main.ts(1,1): error TS9200: program too big by 62816 bytes!
pxtapp.js:1 warning: Compilation failed, please check your code for errors.

Wow. This is fantastic! This is one of the biggest games I have seen yet, and it has so many different types of enemies. I like how the other characters follow the player around. Great job.

Hello. I really liked your game. Could you tell me how you changed the color palette inside of the pixel art editor? Thanks

@omnisImperium here you go: Sprite Editor Color View

Remember to read all of the warnings! This can break your project if you aren’t careful. It’s best to always do this in a brand new empty project so that you don’t lose work.

1 Like

Um… I think he was saying that about my game… um… (but your game is really epic too).

1 Like

Thanks so much!

I submitted my game - https://makecode.com/_7wXW4ogjPPr6 - but in the submission, I forgot to say “The exclamation marks are areas filled with predators, so you can’t swim through them.”.

1 Like

Your game is really good!!

You are right about this, I didn’t look at who the reply was made, but just in the order it was sent. Again, how you have coded the game, designed the artwork, and programmed all the various upgrades, has definitely raised the bar for us all. :thinking:

1 Like

When are you going to announce the winners? All the games look amazing! :smiley:

Also, the game link in my submission broke again. (The share link feature seems to only work half the time now nope it isn’t working for me :thinking:)
I think I gave a link to my GitHub Pages for it but if I didn’t, here is the link to it:

@UnsignedArduino i’ll make sure the right link gets judged! We make an effort to make any game work even if the link is broken (we can usually figure out the issue)

And it will probably be in early January!

1 Like