This Monday, we released a new update for MakeCode Arcade! Check out the full details over at the MakeCode blog:
Here are some highlights:
- New sprite scaling blocks! Stretch your sprites in both the X and Y directions!
- New tilemap blocks! We brought a bunch of the blocks from the tilemaps extension into the scene category
- New “destroy all sprites of kind” block! Finally, you no longer have to loop over all of the sprites in your game to destroy them
- Stretch images using the Marquee tool! The Marquee tool in the image editor now also lets you resize sprites! Try dragging the corners of the selected area
- Workspace search for blocks programs! Use ctrl+f or cmd+f to search through your code in the blocks workspace. It’s a lifesaver for big projects!
- New keyboard shortcuts in the Image and Tilemap editors!
|c||Select Circle tool|
|l||Select Line tool|
|shift + r||Replace all instances of selected background color/tile with selected foreground color/tile|
|shift + 1-9 or shift + a-f||Outline the current image with the color in the palette corresponding to the selected number. For example, shift + f will outline with color number 15 (black). This only works in the Image editor|