Help with an animation?

Hi! I am trying to get it so that my sprite will do an effect for one second, and then stop, go back to the regular image, and then go to a specific location depending on where in the map it is. I am having trouble with getting the image to go back to normal and getting the sprite to go to a location. When I tried the disintegrate effect, which is the one I want to use, it wouldn’t change the image back, and when I tried to place the sprite, it wouldn’t work. Here is the code:

and here is the link to the game: Gooey!
Hoping that someone can get it to work, whether it be with an extension or that I just did the code wrong. The spikes are on the right side of the map.

1 Like

The disintegration effect is destructive; it actually removes pixels from the original image itself. If you want it to return to the old one, you’ll need to clone it first! It should look something like this:

1. Store the image of the sprite in a variable
  2. Set the image of the sprite to a clone of the original
  3. Start the disintegrate effect on the sprite
  4. After the time is done, set the image of the sprite back to the original image (from the variable)
3 Likes

Thanks so much Richard! I will definitely try this out!

1 Like

So I have been messing around with this code for awhile, but no matter what I try, the camera will not follow mySprite after the duplication/destruction. It also won’t set the image back to normal, and if I try to go in the spikes again after already having gone in them once, nothing happens.

I have no idea how to fix this.
Once again, here is the link: Gooey!

Instead of using this “TP anim” variable and update, consider using the timers extension! It has a block that does what you want:

Screen Shot 2021-06-21 at 10.47.58 AM

Okay! I’ll sure try it out!

It works! Thanks so much for all the help with this! I am really happy with how it turned out.