How can I change Sprite size in Arcade?

Hi there!
I am a newbie in Arcade, have some experience in Scratch 3.0
Can I change a sprite’s size? Just like what we usually do in Scratch.
Thanks a lot!

1 Like

Not easily
There are extensions that allow you to do this. Go to advanced, then click on extensions, and paste this link into the search bar inside the page
https://github.com/robo-technical-group/pxt-arcade-image-transform
This should create new blocks.

2 Likes

Yes, but you can only scale it by 0.5x, 2x, or 3x in one operation. This requires an extension:

Keep in mind this is very resource intensive for hardware and can easily eat up all your RAM.

2 Likes

I bileve there is an scaling extension tha @UnsignedArduino used in his Attack of the serpents. @UnsignedArduino could you please give us the link to that extension? i might want it in my game too.
I also started in Scratch 3.0.

2 Likes

Well, I think the only way to do that was to draw the sprite big or small. You can change the two numbers on the bottom left of the screen to change the grid size.

2 Likes

How do you use this extension exactly?
(And make player attack animations)

You pass in an image and it returns an image. The blocks should be self explanatory.

2 Likes

Thanks! @Agent_14

2 Likes
  1. Create a new project in Arcade.
  2. Create a new Sprite.
  3. The default sprite is 16x16 pixels - press the change sprite size button to make a sprite that is 32x32 pixels.
  4. Draw a unique sprite.
1 Like

I don’t think that’s what they meant…

1 Like

@Wright078 that’s only if you want to ANIMATE the sprite, I believe that you can only use an extension

it isnt. he wanted to enlarge his already made sprite

A work-around, if you have a custom sprite which you want to make bigger without altering it and without consuming a lot of RAM,(I tried the extension “image transforms” or “sprite transforms” some time ago and on game hardware, especially Meowbit, it will throw the 020 frowny face error of too much data processing) ; you could make your game full screen on a computer and take a screen grab of it (often ‘fn’ plus ‘prt sc syrq’ and then paste into a photo editor, like MS Paint. Now save it as a .png image and then import that into Pedersen’s utility of create sprite from image (https://github.com/kristianpedersen/Convert-Image-to-MakeCode-Arcade-Sprite) this is not an extension. When you import the .png image into Pedersen then you can choose a size, often I use 40x40 pixels but you could make it anything up to 160X128, Just a thought.

2 Likes

is this worikng or not ?

1 Like

it works, but he wanted to enlarge a pre-made sprite. not redraw it.

1 Like