Isometric tilemaps renderer (BETA)

I’ve made a custom renderer for isometric tilemaps, which will probably be expanded on in the future. This is a project that I will most likely be working on alongside the 1x1 tilemaps extension and my goal is to make an extension for isometric tilemaps.

THINGS TO ADD:
Smooth camera scrolling
Collision
Bug Fixes
Different tile sizes (MAYBE)

Here’s the project so far!

2 Likes

New Update!

Patch Notes:

• Added smooth scrolling
  • Added the ability to made the tiles any size you want

For scaling the tiles, just make the first tile in the array to be the size you want! Then make sure every tile is in a diamond shape with the corners centered on each side! If there are diagonal gaps between tiles, try outlining the tiles with extra lines and that should fix it. This is a compact renderer but it did take a long time to make. I tried to optimize it with remainders, etc. but I resorted to “if” statements because the math wasn’t working as intended, so it will dip in perf for bigger tilemaps, but only a little bit. I’ll probably optimize it some more in the future, once I get collision working.

2 Likes

Yey ISOMETRIC one f=of my favorite type of games all you have to do tap

1 Like

but im too dumb to understand the code

1 Like

yeah, its kinda weird. For the tileMapImg, it takes the tiles as you place them and shifts every other row 1 block to the right. For the colors, those corespond to the tiles in the “list” array. (color 0 (clear) corresponds to the first tile in the array, color 1 (white) corresponds to the second tile in the array, and so on.)

1 Like

i dont understand a single word you said

1 Like

It’s OK, its not meant to be used for games yet. Once I do some more updates, I might release an extension that will be easy to use!

1 Like

okkkkkkkk i will understand it if its fully released

1 Like