Minecraft Arcade V0.7- Under New Management

You may be wondering why I’m posting this instead of @Primal_Nexus… Well, I am the temporary quote on quote ‘manager’ of the current Minecraft Arcade threads. This may sound confusing at first, but I will lead all development builds and ideas until the Start of September. The following explains why.

So that’s why @Primal_Nexus Paused development, but I asked if I can take charge, and so, here I am… @Primal_Nexus enjoy your break and your learning :slight_smile:
Anywho, here’s version 0.7 of the Minecraft Arcade!

Stuff I added :

• UI (well some of it)
  • Apples
  • Dirt Redesign
  • The Items have gravity now
  • You need to survive now
  • Improved Splash screen
  • Redesigned the Player Character
  • The Ability to actually EAT the Apples. And digest them.
  • Jump with Up, and Eat with A.
  • The “you died” splash screen
  • Added breakable bedrock

I hope you have a good day.

2 Likes

Stuff I added :

• LOTS more splash texts
  • opening animation sped up
  • framerate optimizations
  • separate wood hotbar slot
  • hold A to swap between block 0(dirt) and block 1(wood) 2(torch)
  • day night cycles
  • torches light up at night (lighting updates every 2 seconds, its still laggy, but better than if you do it more frequently)

I hope you like my update. I added splash texts from Minecraft (I used the Minecraft wiki page) I modified some of them to fit the 8 bit 2d style of this game. I also made a few completely original splash texts!

2 Likes

Hey guys, just asking of you two, please make sure to include the ‘HEX Inc.’ animation in the game as I feel like if we keep this animation, then I can rename it to some combination of my, @E-EnerG-Gamecentral and @Kiwiphoenix364 's usernames (maybe others if we can fit it in :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: ).

Also, @E-EnerG-Gamecentral, I think you need a shortened nickname to save my keyboard from wearing out its @ key, maybe EnerG for short?

3 Likes

Yes, that’s a bug… I don’t know why it is there

1 Like

I would if I could (as E-EnerG not EnerG) but I can’t for some reason.

1 Like

No I mean just to call u in general (like, ‘Oh hi E-EnerG, how’s life?’)

Still, Can’t change it :confused:

1 Like

k then

If I could I would but it won’t let me (probably cause of trust levels)

when I first started coding the digging part , I forgot to add
if location is not space, then continue

1 Like

when is the next update

soon… @Primal_Nexus is back so it will be posted there. But I also made an 0.8 update, go check it out!

@E-EnerG-Gamecentral I kinda don’t understand everything since I’ve just had a ginormous block of code shoved in my face (thanks to end of holidays) and I don’t quite understand it, maybe send me an admin version with notes explaining things if you don’t mind?

ok I’m working on it now…

1 Like

Nice, then I’ll be back on track with the code

Here are the changelogs (well at least on my part) that can help explain what @Eden264 and I added while you were gone (Yes I kept those)

Version 0.7

Version 0.8 Beta

Version 0.8

V0.8.1

v0.9a

(This is for my branch of the code)

@E-EnerG-Gamecentral have you finished the code with comments yet?

why is up for jumping i am confuse