Need help? Ask us anything! [CLOSED] [12/21/2020 - 1/8/2021]

Yes, we live stream at the same time to YouTube too: https://www.youtube.com/c/MicrosoftMakeCode

However since it is hard to watch too many chat windows at once, we only take chat questions from the Twitch stream.

old streams: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMMBk9hE-Seqai8Zuti45MzCYQgtBAsG_

2 Likes

Can you feature my project, too?

I would love people to see the project of remixing and community efforts.

1. What is your favorite collection of blocks?
  2. Can I add more than 16 colors?
  3. What is your favorite game (Does not have to be made in makecode arcade)?
  4. Is there any way how I can make my games online multiplayer? Like among us. One player can generate a code or number that other players can enter and join an online multiplayer game. The two players can be in different countries.
  5. Is it possible to add a feature allows the developers of their games to turn the game into an .exe file so they can put it on an app store or just turn it into an app for ofline use?

Thanks

2 Likes
  1. Any of you can play any instruments?
  2. If you couldn’t use the name MakeCode Arcade, what would you call it?
1 Like

I know I’m not from makeCode, but I would call it Arcade Code Creator

1 Like

Can someone explain why the sprites float when playing this on a mobile phone, or on a hardware device like a PyGamer?

This is my latest version:

Here is a link to previous discussions, but I still don’t understand what the cause is, or how to fix it:

Ukelele

Arcade develop

1 Like

They sometimes float because of lag. This has happened to some of my projects.

Play level 8 and up for the reference. Very little things don’t cause lag, while adding more cause lag. Usually computers have less problem processing this and that may be why.

(This is the right answer re: floating sprites, it’s a bug in the physics, I’ll probably take a look at fixing it within the next few days / for the next release)

3 Likes

how to get a grey scale palette

Use the extensions pallette. There is a gray scale option in the set pallette to block.

Look here:
Sprite Editor Color View

1 Like

Is it possible to change the font of arcade text extension. Right now, there is only a pixel kind of font, is there any way I can make the font times new roman or any other font?

I have a side-scrolling game (https://arcade.makecode.com/57080-47083-48290-08414), which I intend to start placing certain sprites to the right outside the screen. Is there any limit to how far you can place sprites outside the screen?

This might not be the right place to ask, but I wanted to grab the attention of the team to this topic (as I didn’t get any replies ;- )

:blush:

I hope you are able to find a way to fix this, as I really do want to use tilemaps; even if there is a trade off on how big the tilemap can be and/or how many sprites to place on it. Good luck Joey. :+1:

Hello.
I am beginner and i am sure this is pretty simple task but i have a bit problem with execution.
I am currently working on space shooter (with a tutorial help).
Is there any way to stop both of my enemies spawning at score “120” and then spawn one big enemy with bigger hp as a boss?

I will appreciate any help. Thanks.!
arcade-gun-game-final-ver (3)

Yes. Put all regular enemies inside an “while” block and put a comparison with the score variable. Then, in “on update”, put and if block with another comparison for the boss and summon it. Use the status bar and set the score. Make this new boss a different category that is not enemy, like “boss”. Set up the life bar however you want it, add a on two sprite collision block with projectile and boss. And then deplete the health.

Question on the forums…
Why does the system automatically delete quotes?