Need Help? Ask us anything! [CLOSED]

Hi everybody! We’re starting a new segment on the livestreamHelp Desk! Where we will answer YOUR questions live :smiley:

BUT TO DO THAT we need questions! So please post questions you have here! They can be anything, but if you’d like some inspiration, they could be like:

• How to make a certain kind of game in Arcade (like, how do I make a boss that attacks in a smart way)

• Specific help on one of your games (what’s wrong with my program???)

• Is it possible to make a ____ type game (Sonic Adventure 2, Persona)

• What our favorite extension is

• What our favorite food is…

and we will do our best to give you the best answer!

7 Likes

Also, if you were not allowed to use TypeScript or JavaScript, what language would you code in?

1 Like

And that help desk is beautiful.

1 Like

Great! As always, love the art!

3 Likes

What are all your favorite extensions? :smiley: (Vivian’s is sprite data but that’s all I know)

1 Like

I am eternally thankful for this. Is there anyway I can make procedural generation? Is there also anyway how I can create custom sprite effects, like a lightning effect?

1 Like

Terrain? Platformer? PS: I am making it for the biggest game.

Is there a way to make your sprite move backwards after taking damage?

2 Likes

Is it possible to make a game with different dialogues per day and different events happening depending on the day (in the game)? Or would it cause too much lag?

2 Likes

I need help
Can you make a steven universe game for me on makecode arcade

1 Like

Can you help with this?

1 Like

You can change the sprite’s x by -5 or -10. (I mean the sprite that took damage)

1 Like

Can you make a day/night extension?

1 Like

Hey everyone! We’ll be doing the first edition of the MakeCode Helpdesk today at 1:00PM PST on twitch.tv/msmakecode (40 minutes from now). Tune in!

2 Likes

THANKS EVERYBODY for submitting your questions! I hope we covered everything! The post is now up here: Arcade Advanced Stream #171 - Help Desk

2 Likes

also Damian sorry we couldn’t answer your question :frowning: I love Steven Universe though!

1 Like

Another one: How to get a grey scale palette.

1 Like

Are you wanting to do something based on the day of the week? I don’t know if there is a block to determine which day it is, but if should be possible to do this in Javascript. For example:

var d = new Date();
var n = d.getDay();

@livcheerful
The JavaScript editor does not know what the Date() object is. Is there another way to use native JavaScript?

In my last post I was curious as to whether Arcade supports date/times? Maybe to answer my own question, if the platform does not support date/times, then maybe that is because not all hardware devices have a built in clock.

I use blocks and I have a basic idea for how I will do it, I was just wondering if it would cause lag if I had a lot of different dialogues per (in game) day