Sonic 1 (Sega Master System) for MakeCode Arcade | PROTOTYPE 2.0

Hey there! Here is a version of Sonic 1 (Sega Master System) for MakeCode Arcade. I previously posted a prototype, but it didn’t get much attention, so I decided to share an updated version of that same prototype. I hope you love it or at least those of you who see this post. TEST ITT!!

8 Likes

I think it would be nice if sonic was less slippery.

1 Like

this is literally like the best sonic engine on here

1 Like
  1. the spikes don’t damage you
  2. I PHASED THROUGH THE LEVEL :laughing:
2 Likes

This looks amazing! though, it feels more like a Game Gear port than a Master System Port :sweat_smile: The resolution feels horrid to state bluntly! It Gives Me Flashbacks to Sonic Blast! Use

namespace userconfig {
    export const ARCADE_SCREEN_WIDTH = 256
    export const ARCADE_SCREEN_HEIGHT = 196 
}

if your going for a more accurate remake to the consoles resolution, the numbers are already set.

The Slopes are really good! Though the fact you can’t really jump through the semi platforms is a bummer, I’m pretty sure someone has made that a Thing! Though, I can’t find it right now

Hey Guys!!! A new update here. If the camera feels a bit off, it’s because I’m working on something related to it. Here is a more comprehensive update than the last one—and yes, I incorporated your recommendations. But I need help, plesae give me ideas. How I recreate the Texas Instruments SN76489 sound chip, used by the Master System in MakeCode Arcade? I’m not sure how to go about it.

Link to test new update: https://arcade.makecode.com/S02071-51519-85289-44867

1 Like