Space Rocks 3D!

oh ok i didnt knew, also how do i change the world size?

1 Like

Just scroll down in the main game menu (the one with “Start Game” on top), world size is one of the configurable options. Press left/right to change the highlighted option.

2 Likes

oh ook

2 Likes

Hi! I saw you made a chess version! Could you make a Plane Simulator? So basically you can add and decrease speed with I and K and yaw with J and L! You should be able to land!
Thanks!

2 Likes

aaaa good idea

2 Likes

This could work, as long as you don’t expect realistic airplane physics. It’ll be a rather sparse landscape, but I think a flat area with a landing strip seems doable.

Or just ocean with an aircraft carrier? That would be easier to draw and should look OK even without extra scenery. Hmm, I think this could work as a game - attack enemy ships and/or UFOs, then refuel/rearm on the carrier.

3 Likes

I don’t care! I just wanna fly! Whatever is easier for you!
Thanks!

Something similar to the old MS Flight Simulator!

1 Like

I got the horizon calculation math sorted out, and getting 10-30fps on hardware which seems reasonable. I may have some time over the next few weeks to start working on this for real, but no promises.

carrier-anim

6 Likes

wow cant wait till done, btw how do u upload vid?

btw how do u upload vid?

Just use the normal “share” dialog and record a bit of gameplay. After pressing “stop”, wait for the small animated preview image to appear, then right-click the image and use the “Save image as…” browser menu function to save it to a local .gif file. Then cancel the share dialog. You can upload the animated .gif in the forum as a picture.

4 Likes

oh ok thX

Any news/updates?

I’ve been making some progress. The carrier model and HUD are coming along, but I don’t have any flight physics implemented yet so it doesn’t feel like an airplane.

carrier-preview3

In case you’re curious, here’s what my state-of-the-art 3D asset editing environment looks like:

8 Likes

Hey kwx, i just wanna say, i love your games. :heart:

1 Like

And also this airplane game is giving me wii sports vibes for some reason.

1 Like

that is insanely cool

1 Like

same lol

1 Like

Maybe for the game, you can add rings you can go through, and get reward.

1 Like

Yeah, at this point I’m leaning towards focusing on just the flying experience and maybe some aerobatics, and flying through rings would fit with this.

2 Likes