Space Rocks 3D!

I am so hyped for this game! Now imagine dogfighting! That HUD looks so nice!

1 Like

Can’t wait for it too.

1 Like

Sup!!

1 Like

hi :wave:
btw @kwx are you still working on this?

1 Like

Not actively just now, too busy… I’m still hoping to get back to it at some point though.

1 Like

You should make a FPS game! This ALL is amazing!

1 Like

Do you think you could do a release even if this isn’t finished @kwx ? I REALLY wanna try it out! This game looks so cool! If you can’t do an early release, then I understand.

1 Like

I guess I may as well share it as a graphics demo since I haven’t had time to work on gameplay and physics. See here: Carrier 3D (unfinished work in progress)

1 Like

My brain is too small for this big of knowledge. I gonna go brain dead once i get to wave 10 or something.

1 Like

Can you make a version with vertical orientation support for xtron pro?
Also the motion controls don’t work for xtron pro even though it has gyroscope

1 Like

I haven’t heard of the xtron pro - do you have a link to its specifications and maybe an example of how applications are intended to handle the screen difference? I would guess that most Arcade titles assume a 160x120 screen.

Similar question about the motion controls - is there an example app where they work? (I’m assuming you’ve switched on motion controls in the Space Rocks 3D menu, they are disabled by default.)

1 Like

@kwx this is the link for the Ovobot Xtron Pro:
https://www.ovobot.cc/en/product/detail/xtron-pro/

1 Like

There is a game that is preloaded onto the xtron pro called roll ball that uses motion controls i will send it when i get home

2 Likes

wonderful! how did you do it I try making it, it keep giving an air, adn also like you game hope you will make more like this one

1 Like

Wow, amazing!!! -Great work!

Does anyone have an idea why it gives a “floating point exception” when compiling for and running natively on a Raspberry Pi?:

(Beta, because the main site is still plagued by the “Segmentation fault” in the settings namespace, which GitHub’s @nopid just fixed. What is @nopid’s username on this forum, by the way?)

For what it’s worth, I tried your link using Chrome on Linux, and it successfully downloads arcade-Space-Rocks-3D-v016.elf for the “rpi” target with no visible errors. So the issue seems to be specific to running the Arcade editor/compiler on a Raspberry Pi?

Thanks for your answer, @kwx!

I do not own any of the other microcontrollers to test on, and not a Pi Zero or RPi 3A, either, where I could run MakeCode’s official boot image to test your game as the regular uf2 file compiled for this image.

So for the moment, with the lack of the above information, it seems that the error might be specific only to running the rawELF on a Raspberry Pi. But from experience, like the previous segmentation fault, which @nopid fixed for Raspberry, did occur on both rawElf on any Raspberry Pi Linux distro and the official MakeCode boot image for uf2.

But regarding the editor/compiler, I myself, compiled on the web in both Opera and Edge on a W10 machine, so I don’t think the issue is related to where the editor/compiler is run.

Most likely the issue is in the implementation of the MakeCodes compiler for Raspberry Pis, something to do with handling floating point numbers. Or your amazing game code is pushing the limits of what the system is designed to do(Meaning that the compiler but is a design feature rather than a bug…). :wink:

Anyhow, your code runs very well in the web simulator, and apart from obvious differences, like lack of physical peripherals with their extensions; if it runs in the web simulator, it should also run on all hardware. Then again, there are differences in memory and CPU power etc. that pertain to how much and fast you can run, of course.

But I have not yet seen any magic hacks in your code that should indicate that it runs only on the mercy of some special bug or feature in the web simulator, and should not run on hardware.

Would be interesting to hear how your great game runs on other hardware, to help pinpoint exectly where the “bug” is.

Sorry, I don’t really have an idea what’s going wrong. Do you get a specific code location where the floating point exception happens?

I’m using a PyGamer myself, and based on earlier comments it also works on Meowbit. It’s running the same source code on hardware as on the simulator, it doesn’t have any hardware-dependent conditionals. It is using fixed-point math using the Fx8 library (along with some similar math code I added), but that should work on a regular JavaScript version also - it’s just plain math operations with some added tricks to ensure the results remain integers, this helps avoid slow floating point math on the hardware runtime.

1 Like

No, just the floating point exception message.

But your info about integer operations, no hardware-dependent conditionals and the Fx8 library, as well as your witness account about your game running well on the PyGamer and Meowbit was very useful, indicating the need to maybe open another issue regarding the Raspberry Pi compilation over at github pxt-arcade.

Thanks!

Fire Dude.
You Should Add Color Settings.
Also You Should Add Different Guns Option.