super mario arcade ! 3.3

credit to @cosmoscowboy for the coin movement
credit to @SPerkins25 for the ? block code
credit to @purna079 for the music
credit to @GameGod for the title screen
credit to @ymxdj0 (me) for everything else
and credit to you ! for playing my game !:heart:

4 Likes

Have you thought of putting enemies in yet?

1 Like

I am working on making goombas but it’s kinda hard if you have any tips or tricks to help just reply

true. I’m thinking of a way right now as I type.

1 Like

Great job! Like the title screen. |:D

1 Like

Goombas shouldn’t be too much trouble. I think the simplest behaviour you can give them is some xvelocity so they move to the left, yvelocity so they fall off platforms and have bounce on walls turned on.

In an overlap block you can have an if else: if mario is falling (yvel > 0) set yvel negative so you bounce off their heads and delete the goomba. Otherwise you can lose a life or shrink, teleport to level start etc.

1 Like

I’m doing that right now actually

1 Like

I agree.

1 Like

I noticed if you press A while on the title screen it cause an error and crashes the game. I’m guessing it is because pressing A tries to assign a value to the mario variable before it is created in your on start code. To fix it, I would either create the mario sprite before calling your title screen function and just make mario invisible and then make mario visible in your level start function or following it.

Or you could wrap the code in your “on A button pressed” block inside another if statement that tests if the level start function has executed or not.

I tested the former and it worked for me. I didn’t notice any errors.

Also, I have been experimenting with layering music in two separate forever blocks. I added a simple repeating bass line to your music. Something you could explore as well.

2 Likes

how ironic , i wonder who made it hmmmm ? (hint : its you)

2 Likes

4 Likes
2 Likes

wow this is better than the original I just tried it and it’s amazing!

why don’t you make the original tilemaps from the game and put then in the game

1 Like

I’m also trying to make the original game. Here’s what I got so far

1 Like