Microsoft MakeCode

Arcade Advanced Stream #185 - Collaborative Game Pt. 1

Hey folks!

@livcheerful, @shakao, @jwunderl, and I started our collaborative game today on stream! The forum chose RPG, so we’re making a game about a pangolin raised by armadillos in the American southwest (obviously). We laid the groundwork for the game today and I’ll be making another post soon asking for submissions, so stay tuned!

Watch the full stream here: https://youtu.be/UpXkrMcApj4

Grab the code below:

The MakeCode Arcade Advanced stream takes place weekdays at 1:00 PM PST. Now on YouTube, Twitter (@msmakecode), and Twitch (twitch.tv/msmakecode)

3 Likes

Suggestion: right now it feels like a monster-collecting game - the tilemap is going to need to get much bigger for an RPG! (Also, what is the maximum size of a tilemap? There was this recent issue constraining it to 255x255 which is still pretty small IMO - or like when you get to the edge of one you load another one like a really big chunk)

Otherwise this is going great! Right now working on some music for this! (Hopefully it doesn’t sound trash when I actually write it down lol)

1 Like

Here is some art for you!

2 Likes

um pangolins don’t live in the desert, armadillos do

1 Like

Hey! I mad my own edits. I got the idea for the easter egg because of how one of the tiles was named. To activate easter egg:
up down left right B A

1 Like

You may want to post that here:

2 Likes

Yea! But the Pangolin somehow got there and was mistaken for an Armadillo! And got raised by them!

1 Like

so you did not read the story…
Basically it is a pangolin raised by armadillos.

1 Like

:no_mouth:

1 Like

Also, there are desert pangolins.

1 Like

:sob:

1 Like