[Block Menu] Icons & multi-column Edition

I need a multi-column grid and icons menu for my next WFC demo(choose tile manually instead of random)
so based on @richard 's Block Menu, I added these features.
Shared, in case anyone needed.

As always, any freeback are welcome and appreciated.

5 Likes

Yo. Dude. THIS IS AWESOME!

1 Like

Will you make this into a blocks extension? Would love to add this to my list!

2 Likes

THAT’S AWESOME! Good job! The only thing is that when you go all the way down, it loops to the top, but it also goes left (I think most menus go to the right when it loops like that.)

Yes, very glad to!
I love your Awesome Arcade Extensions list, openning all the time for looking for an extension or its forum post. (BTW, I wanna applying my extensions adding into your list for a while, not sure these are good enough yet. So I am just waitting for more bug report/feedback.)

And actually, I am planning to try to change the implementation to the mode like game.splash() or so, which working at new scene created and pushed into scenes. This mode can solve the issue about button input, I think. So all updates are somewhat “big” comparing existing one.
Which is the better way, update to origin richard’s repo, or public a new extension? I prefer the former, for keeping only one menu extension there for users. But no problem, I am fine also, if create a new one.

Hi @richard , what do you think about it?

1 Like

I need this!

1 Like

Thanks! You can go ahead and send in Github issues or PRs for your extensions - they are very good! (there are some extensions on the list which are still work in progress I believe lol) Think it’s time to go through those issues cause they are piling up. :rofl:

2 Likes

I’m going to rewrite this extension from scratch eventually, so you should keep it in your fork! BTW, you don’t need to push a scene because I added an API for this issue specifically in the last arcade release:

The controller buttons now have addEventListener and removeEventListener which will not override the user’s button events

2 Likes

Yep. It could be another choice I think, that public as a new extension first, then waiting richard reply when his’s free.
I have applied for my raycasting and this extensions as issue in your list repo.
BTW, I was glad to see you have embody my snapshot extension also, thanks for you like it, that encouraged me to make more.

1 Like

I’ve put them in! Your extensions are amazing!

If anyone ever makes an extension or a tool, please do not hesitate to put it in! Just make a new issue and there will be a template for new extensions and tools! (Or even better, a pull request! :wink: )

Also on a totally unrelated side note, we’ve hit over 50 extensions and tools on the list! :tada:(To be exact, 55!)

2 Likes

i tried to use this extension but when i added it the editor said the extension had errors so it wouldnt work
but other than that this is a great extension you could do like a level select like in mario party 8

Thanks for your feedback!
Would you please take a snapshot about the error?
I will fix it ASAP, thanks!

BTW, thanks for your continuously support.
Love your extension list very useful and handy.
And love your games, all of them are wonderful and funny. I almost can’t believe you build so complicate games with only blocks. :+1:

1 Like

Yes, it comes:

extension URL: https://github.com/aqeeaqee/arcade-custom-menu/

1 Like