Microsoft MakeCode

End of Summer - Newby Help PLEASE

I learned late this summer that I will be teaching AP CSP this coming year (classes begin next week) and I am cramming to figure out what to do. I attempted to register for the 3rd session but contacted the Seattle location teaching the camp and learned the dates posted were wrong! As such, I was unable to attend. I would greatly appreciate any references (especially videos) to help me figure out a good starting point or guide!
Thank you

Welcome!

If you haven’t done so already, be sure to check out MakeCode Arcade’s AP CSP curriculum:

Microsoft provides a complete, daily lesson plan, along with a ton of other resources. That should at least get you going with planning. :slight_smile:

The curriculum uses the first edition of Blown to Bits by Abelson, Ledeen, and Lewis. The first edition is freely available at the book’s website,[1] and relevant chapters are included in the materials provided by Microsoft. You may want to look at the newly-released second edition, as well.[2]

The MakeCode Arcade team also does a ton of videos. They’re all available on YouTube.[3] The team does a daily stream called Arcade Advanced Live, and the streams are archived on the team’s YouTube channel page. At the channel’s page, you can find a ton of other great playlists, too, that you can use to learn and for inspiration.

Also, be sure to check out the tutorials and other projects on the MakeCode Arcade home page itself. Scroll down a bit to find some hidden gems.

If you have specific questions or need additional resources, please feel free to ask. Getting ready for a new prep with one week’s notice is going to be rough. Best wishes!

[1] Blown to Bits book web site
[2] Brief post from Harry Lewis on upcoming books, including the second edition of Blown to Bits
[3] Microsoft MakeCode Arcade YouTube channel page

See all of my MakeCode Arcade games and extensions here!

1 Like

There is also an online course for the curriculum here: https://education.microsoft.com/en-us/course/38cd00a0/overview

1 Like