Sprite Stars (a competition)

It does mean ScriptScraper in my logo, but it was also the logo for a nazi party.

Oh crap I haven’t posted any teasers!

A mysterious figure lurks the night


My game will be a story-heavy platformer where you play as a supervillain who turns against a large crime boss. It is heavily inspired by the movie Spiderman: Into the Spiderverse, as the player is quite similar to The Prowler and the crime boss is large.

This jam has been really fun so far, I can’t wait to see what other people cook up!

Announcement:

There are now less than 10 days remaining in stage 2 and I haven’t seen any of your games yet so I hope you’re able to finish them in time.

Good luck.

time to use 4 colors pallets!

Im having a hard time believing that your pallete has only 4 colors…

/j

What 4 unless you count transparency

Uhm… teaser? I don’t do these but looks like I should…

My games going to be about an alien trying to defeat the evil ice lord, whos ruining the world with his palette of 4!

@CopySprite? Is it allowed? (though it was mostly a joke)

It’s 3 actually (Red, Blue, and White)

  1. If it appears in the asset section then it must include every colour in your palette, I don’t care what exploit you use.
  2. You’re not competing, you never submitted a game for the qualifiers.

Maybe I should start

Everyone’s doing 4 or 3 colors, and I’m doing 9, is that a good sign?

I should get bonus points lwkey

yes 7+ colors should be bonus points. or maybe make a nicely shaded game with grayscale.

I’m guessing you could get extra points for the art since it is more artistic than doing an easier number?

That would look so cool!

You actually will, for theme.

Yeah the police guy military people

I don’t have a lot of time to make a game, but here it is:

Join Gerard in Smash and Crash! Dodge the Robbers!

I said the theme wasn’t Batman.

Here’s a sneak peek for my game, “MOYOU FIGHT”

It’s a game inspired by Galaga. As you can see, I’ve been working on the enemies instead of the player.

The color palette I chose has only two colors. However, I’m using my image mapping extension to map different patterns on to the color regions I’m not using!

So a sprite that looks like this:


ends up looking like this in the game:

I’m using richard’s drawing utils to map a giant list of patterns that render on different color indexes:

Hope you guys are excited!!