Finally, I present my game:
It doesn’t have animations (except for the ball), has 12 assets, and has 2 colors (only count 1 and 2, the rest are not used).
Oh yeah, and if the bot gets 3 points, then you lose.
The superhero-ish thingy is the thing where you slow the ball down with the 1 key.
Controls
Left/Right : Move
A/Space : Jump
B/Enter and an Arrow Key : Dash in direction of arrow key pressed
1 Key (sorry mobile players) : Slow down time (must have energy for it (energy is high number displayed as 999 at the start))
Click here if you want to know what I went through to get to this
So first thing, I started making this stickman Pong game and was super excited about it, but that excitement petered out and I quit that game. And then I did nothing until maybe 3 or so days before the deadline. At that point, I didn’t even have an idea for a game, so I decided to make a troll game with a tree. I didn’t really know why or how I would do that, but I started making it nonetheless. I got a little bit through it, and then I came across a major hurdle: the superhero theme. At this point I had maybe 1.5 days left, so of course I decided to scrap the tree idea and use the art to make a mini metroidvania where you play as a villain trying to reach a death ray to vaporize earth while a superhero tries to stop you. And then I got through a little bit of that, not even with the superhero. And then it was October 1st. I tried to add a little more but didn’t have time, which led me to start making a post for my uncompleted game. And then I remembered my stickman game. In a rush, I added/fixed some assets, added a superhero-ish time-warping thingy, a couple effects with the extra effects extension, and I had my game!
…man, that was a lot.