A tournament

I was thinking for a while if Makecode Forum could allow this but I hope so.
So, I have chosen 16 coders for this tournament and There are 12 challengers. so I will list the names.
@Kat VS @GameGod
@UnsignedArduino VS @DahbixLP
@cosmoscowboy VS @UnderwaterAstronaut
@FlintAsher VS @purna079
@Dreadmask197 VS @annapurna079
@felixtsu VS @FlyingFox
@charliegregg VS @AlexK
@MopishCobra75 VS @Kirito_theblacksword
The challenges are to Code with the template given. When each days come, say “ready” after you see someone do when it is your turn (Because of the measures, it might delay so I hope that the makecode members are online at 7am-9am or 7pm to 9pm. (or they give me perms until this ends but I bet not) so after 17/12/2020, the tournament will begin
Just make sure you guys can code or cuz I will need to change the participants that I have chosen.
So 1 day For the 1st 8 rounds, then 1 hour for the semi finals and 30 minutes for the Finals

8 Likes

How will we determine who will win? Who’s judging? What are the requirements and what will we be graded on?

2 Likes

i’m a little confused, could you elaborate on what we’ll be doing???

1 Like

I don’t get this part.

3 Likes

I am really sorry but I cannot (or it would be really hard to) work in this tournament. I had to hand back my school computer for the summer holidays (I am in Australia) so I have lost access to all my accounts and I do not have something easy to code on!
I am currently using my phone.
:slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Yeah… the tz is hard. I am totally not on America.

Because you need to have the other contestant online before you can start if not it is unfair.

It is judging on the art, the music, the functions of the game (buttons A and B) and the how unique the game is (like example if the template is a background with a sprite, do not make it into a chase the pizza or collect the clovers.

Well all of you will be coding the games from the template given, (the templates are very simple, you have 1 day to code for the 1st eight rounds, the semi finals have 1 hour and 30 minutes for the finals to code.

This is all very confusing. Good thing I use my Emails to get notified. I would like to join this competition IF this is allowed.

2 Likes

ahahahah, I do have school and it takes me a bit longer to do school work due to my attention span. This seems like a fun thing to do but I might not be able to do it depending on my schedule:(

3 Likes

Glad to be mentioned, but I’m afraid I don’t have for a full project :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Just code whatever you can!

2 Likes

Well you are in if it is allowed

1 Like

Can I compete?

I am sorry, I can’t participate.

Probably won’t be able to participate because I can’t guarantee that I have the time to do so, but I’ll probably still submit something!

1 Like

Uhh, what is this, I just saw it, what are we suppose to be doing??? and what kind of tournament is it???

1 Like

It´s like a coding tournament. We have to make games based on the theme that @LCProCODER gives us. All of these posts have been checked by the moderator but I don´t know why they don´t respond if this is even allowed or not.

3 Likes

Hey all! Feel free to make games for your own hackathons! But aside from our official Game Jams https://arcade.makecode.com/gamejam, we don’t sponsor/endorse any other game competitions. Does that answer your question?

5 Likes