Sprite Stars (a competition)

In a city far way…
An outrage of mutant insects crawl out of their sleep…

City Folk: “OH NO! HERE COME MORE OF THOSE EVIL BUGS WHO WANT TO EAT THE CITY!”

Flying discs dart out in front of the buildings…

Moyou: “NOT TO WORRY EVERYONE… MOYOU IS HERE!!”
City Folk: “YAY! IT’S MOYOU!!! SAVE US, MOYOU!!!”
Moyou: “HAYAAAH!!!”

Moyou throws another disc and it slices a bug’s antenna.

Bug: “SCREEEEK!!!”
City Folk: “YAY! GO MOYOU!”


Hope you guys enjoy playing this game as I enjoyed making it!
I chose to submit it now for I have a busy schedule the next few days and won’t get a chance to then. I was going to add power-ups and more enemies, but you can’t tell they’re missing, right?

Following the game’s theme I decided to do something fun and use a limited palette, utilizing different patterns! I’m using the image-mapping extension to draw different textures onto unused colors. Pretty Cool!!

Controls:

  1. Move with arrow keys/WASD
  2. Shoot Discs with space bar/A

Gameplay/Story:

  1. Protect the people of the city by destroying the mutant bugs that impend danger!
  2. Use your disc throwing ability to fend off the insects!
  3. Use the gift of invincibility to block the bug’s poison darts!
  4. Defeat bugs, advance a level, protect city folk, repeat!

Thank you.
Go Moyou! (pronounced mo-YO-uu)