So… I forgot to post this yesterday (sorry!) but it is indeed time for this month’s mini game jam! This time around, we’re having a Collect-a-Jam! What’s a collect-a-jam you ask? Well, we want games where collecting things is a primary mechanic.
Some examples of good interpretations of this theme:
- A game where you collect cards either for battle or maybe just for looking at cute frogs.
- A game where you collect adorable creatures
- A game where you have to find a bunch of pieces of a triangle
- …and basically every retro 3d platformer that ever existed
You can interpret the theme however you want, but it should be obvious that collecting things is the primary goal and not just tacked on to another game.
- Games should be built in MakeCode Arcade
- Games should clearly adhere to the theme without the need for any extra explanation
- Keep the games PG: no NSFW, offensive, or excessively violent content.
- You must be at least 9 years old to participate.
- All games must be submitted by someone who is at least 13 years old. Younger students are welcome to participate, but it must be in partnership with an adult and with parent permission.
You have two weeks to enter! The jam will close at 11:59 PM PDT on Monday, March 20th 2023
Submit your games by posting them in this thread!