Cboy Pumpkin Pie Alpha 1 Test Build

I have been working on Cboy for a while- since v1.0 in November 2020. This is the 5th Version of Cboy- and from this OS onward I will be sharing test builds to the Makecode Forums Community so that we can see their opinion.
The server includes radio functionality- but that is it so far- you can change the backgrounds and there is a tilemap based-system. This was not meant to “compete” with @Cat10847’s ArcadeOS, since it was started in November 2020. This is the most complex Cboy (also Called Code-boy)

Now, here is a poll based on ratings for Cboy Pumpkin Pie’s overall performance.

• Excellent! (5 out of 5)
  • Great! (4 out of 5)
  • Ok… (3 out of 5)
  • Needs Work. (2 out of 5)
  • Bad. (1 out of 5)

0 voters

Please note that this is not meant to compete with other Operating Systems (especially with Makecode based ones like Arcade OS, but it is there as it helped create MAKECODE-DOS.

4 Likes

This is awesome! I’m working on something like this too called WindOS

1 Like

When will it come out?

1 Like

I’m planning to release the first alpha build before the summer break ends.

1 Like

ok. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Presenting… Cboy Pumpkin Pie Alpha 2!

Thanks for giving Cboy Pumpkin Pie Alpha 1 3.8/5 Stars- Alpha 2 is here and It comes with a Rate icon on the desktop and the ability to reset icon positions. (Located within personalization)
Here’s a poll for ratings with much more options :

• Horrible (1 out of 5)
  • Bad (1.5 out of 5)
  • Needs Work (2 out of 5)
  • Mediocre (2.5 out of 5)
  • Ok (3 out of 5)
  • Good (3.5 out of 5)
  • Great (4 out of 5)
  • Excellent (4.5 out of 5)
  • Amazing! (5 out of 5)

0 voters

I hope you enjoy :slight_smile:

1 Like

Fixed a MAJOR bug within Cboy in Cboy Pumpkin Pie Alpha 3! I fixed the bug where you restart during setup and the whole thing doesn’t go to desktop at all.

this also displays some updates within Cboy Alpha 2

1 Like

Really cool!

1 Like

Cboy Pumpkin Pie Alpha FOUR

:smiley:

1 Like

Ah, I’m glad you used my cursor! :hugs: This version is really cool as always!

1 Like

Cboy Pumpkin Pie Alpha 5
+Fixed a bug within the Paint app

1 Like

Cboy Pumpkin Pie Build 2500

Made with :heart: in Microsoft MakeCode Arcade.

Some changes from Alpha 5 (build 2450) are…
New Temperature Warning Screen

Build 2450
Build 2500

1 Like

Hey, I found a bug! If you don’t enter the password on setup (just leave it empty) it will identify as undefined and you will not be able to go in the system. Can you fix this?

Tip: make an if statement after the password is entered on setup that checks if the length is 0, and if yes, deny the password and just say it’s invalid.

1 Like

The development builds are different from the official builds. Build 2525 and 2550 are merged to Build 2500, so that’s why in the Cboy V thread it says 2500. It also says 2550 in About.
Also, there’s a new thread if you didn’t know already…It’s here!!!

1 Like

Please reply to this if there are any questions relating to Cboy Pumpkin Pie Starter. No future builds will come out except for Basic, Pro, and Ultimate. Those will take quite a while to make.
There will be a new thread for the next release of Cboy and future builds relating to that.

1 Like

BTW, I’ll soob be starting a WindOS insider program, so stay tuned for that :wink:

1 Like

yes yes yes 1000x yes
How do you join it?

1 Like

Also stay tuned for my Cboy V Thread. Cboy V is the Successor of Cboy Pumpkin Pie :slight_smile:

1 Like

I will soon make a post with the instructions and the link to a form for application. You will be able to apply to just test and report bugs, but also make apps and games that will make it in the app store for the final release. I am not at home rn, so you can expect me to polish the first insider and make the application form in the span of 2-3 weeks. Have a nice day!

1 Like